things to do as a PCV
2. Read the only Newsweek that you brought with you-every article, every ad as slow as possible to soak up that sweet, sweet English.
3. Read the newspaper from 10 days ago because you have to practice that Spanish somehow.
4. Look at the ads in the newspaper and think "5,400 lps. isn´t THAT bad for a washing machine-because in the end you´d save because your clothes won´t have pila holes in them".
5. Then get sad because you realize that your house is still functioning as the health center which means that you probably won´t have your own place for a really long time.
6. Make your bed because that´s just so important.
7. Make a clothesline in your room out of unwaxed floss that PC gave you because you hate unwaxed floss and are really happy that you brought 5 packs of waxed floss now.
8. Make a list of how you can improve your current living situation-paint the walls, add shelves, scrub out dead scorpion stain...
9. Sweep floor because that´s the only thing you CAN do to improve the situation.
10. Straighten hair.
11. Charge iPod.
12. Floss teeth.
13. Bring in clothes from outside because it´s beginning to rain and put them on your homemade clothesline.
14. Hide behind pila when you see your neighbor-who´s a total fresa (show off/stuck up) in his yard and you don´t want to hear about his father´s car for the 6th time.
15. Watch movie about a talking zebra that thinks it´s a racehorse with the kids in your family (hey, that´s youth development)
16. Look in your luggage, which you have yet to unpack, and act like it´s Christmas when you find clothes that you´ve forgotten about.
17. Try not to think about going to Santa Rosa tomorrow, you want to limit that to only once per week as your personal escape.
18. Read manuals given to you by PC only to realize, "I am not this bored yet."
19. Go to the internet cafe-where you are on a first name basis with the coordinator-and write to everyone a silly list about your daily life in aldeaville.