Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

sassy molassy

La Esperanza was really fun and I´m really glad that I went out but coming home was a nightmare. I took 3 buses: La Esperanza-San Pedro Sula, San Pedro-Santa Rosa, Santa Rosa-San Ramon. I left La Esperanza at 4 am. I got to San Ramon at 3:30 pm. The last 2 buses were filled with people. Each seat had 3 people and the aisle was packed too. On the last bus, someone had purchased fresh cheese and the "water" was dripping all over me (because she didn´t want to carry it and put it overhead). I was tired, crabby, and overly cynical or "sassy molassy", as another volunteer Nick likes to call me. It´s just part of the PC experience I suppose and I´ll be an expert in bus travel in no time, right? And after a long shower I felt much better.

Back in site has been alright. I spent today walking up the mountain to see the other houses in my town and to make my own community map. When I passed the centro de salud, my future home, I ran past because I didn´t want to talk to the workers today. It was slow there and they may have wanted me to start talking to them about charlas in the future. I just didn´t feel like doing that today (or ever) so I ran. Great start to PC service, right? I just think of it more as a typical Kathryn move.

Other than that, I have watched the movie "Mortal Kombat:Annhilation" 4 times since Thursday. My family really loves that movie. There are no subtitles in Spanish so I have been asked, "What does Mortal Kombat mean?"

Still trying to get a good translation on that....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home