Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Friday, October 26, 2007

brrrrrrr!

As I type this, I am wearing 2 shirts and a puffy coat (yes, with a fake fur collar) and a knit cap. A cold front has hit Honduras and it is chilly! The days are overcast with intermittent rains and when I leave my house in the morning to buy eggs, I can see my breath. Now I know, it’s nothing compared to what I’ll be facing when I get into Chicago in December, however, my parents’ house doesn’t have a 3 inch gap between the wall and the ceiling and their back door is an actual door, not an iron gate. Whine, whine, whine! I’ll miss it one day… in the meanwhile, for anyone who thought, ‘well, she’s in Central America’, so it must be nice & hot’, think again!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hola Kathryn,
    I was reading by chance this most recent post of you when you say "I am wearing 2 shirts and a puffy coat (yes, with a fake fur collar)
    and a knit cap." Then I remembered that on this region in the past lived part of the Maya Civilization and they had very high pyramids and the cold should be intense... But this went by!
    Now I read you are doing a social work in Peace Corps. This is good.
    I tell you that I had a desire to know Honduras because of this ancients civilizations, but unfortunately this was not possible and the time went by.
    Have a nice halloween with the colleagues and all the best for you.
    Kind regards from Brazil
    Geraldo

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A jacket with a fake fur collar? How ghetto fabulous of you. I suppose dark blue denim top and bottoms aren't enough for your coldsnap, huh? Hope you have a fun halloween.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know. You don't think it compares to your ice box room? All this while the dog is nice & toasty..

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, but the frigidity allowed for other activities to generate heat. So you see, it was a part of my plan all along. As for the dog, how spoiled was yours? I can already guess, given her name...;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home