Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Saturday, November 03, 2007

tacuasín = honduran for aiiieeee!

Last night I was reading in bed and heard something rummaging through my trash can in the kitchen. I thought that the rat that has been haunting me for the past 6 or so months had returned. With one week left in San Ramon, it was time for a showdown. I put on closed toe shoes (don't need to get rabies my last week in San Ram), grabbed the broom and built up the courage the face the rat. I open the door to the dining area and see trash spread all over the floor. I enter the room and find myself face to face with a fat, gray possum.

I throw the broom on the floor, scream, run to my bedroom, lock the door and jump in my bed.

Possum 1, Kathryn 0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home