Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Thursday, November 29, 2007

brrrrr! (yes, again)

I'm currently in San Cristobal de las Casas in Chiapas. It's cold!! I slept with 3 blankets last night and still woke up from the cold. It's about 6000 ft. above sea level, so you can imagine that it's chilly. The good thing though is that I allow myself to drink as many Mexican hot chocolates as I please, which not only warm me up, but fulfill every chocolate dream I've had.

Anyhow, I spent yesterday exploring the town, taking pictures of the architecture, wandering the artisan market and attending a salsa class. (Oh, salsa dancing, how I've missed you. Unfortunately, it is not like riding a bike. I felt clumsy and off beat.) Today I went to Cañon del Sumidero, a massive canyon with a hydroelectic dam built at the end of the river. I went out on a tour boat, which was enjoyable but tiring because people wanted to take pictures of everything. I understand....but how many crocodile pictures does one need to show to friends back home?

It's decision time for me now. I have to decide if I'm going to head to Merida or Playa del Carmen tomorrow. Both bus rides will be over 12 hours...I have such a desire to get in some beach time since I was cheated at Roatan.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its like уou read my mind! You appеаr to grаsp a lоt about this, suсh аs you wrote the book in
    it oг something. I feel that yοu simply could ԁo with
    a few peгcent to pοwer thе message home
    а little bit, hoωеvеr іnstead of that,
    thiѕ is wonderful blog. A great гead.
    ӏ wіll ԁefinitelу be back.

    Μy wеb blog: procera

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thiѕ is a very good tip eѕpeсially to thοse
    fresh to the blogosρhere. Short but vеry
    precіse informаtіon… Аpprecіate your sharіng
    this one. A muѕt read poѕt!

    my weblog: hydroxatone reviews

     

Post a Comment

<< Home