Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Friday, October 19, 2007

siempre está quejandose catita

A friend, for confidentiality's sake, let's call him Chris M., no, no, that's too easy, C. Matza, has complained that my blogs have become quite sentimental and has written to me, "if I wanted happy thoughts, I'd watch Sesame Street.

With the good, there's bad...that's the way life always balances out. So this one is for you Chris, the list of things I most certaintly won't miss about Honduras:

-Checking my bed nightly for mosquitos and brushing off at least 5 dead ones off my it daily.
-When the water goes out and I have no boiled water ready for drinking.
-Spiders. Everywhere.
-Not having a back door, or wall for that matter, just an iron gate. (Hello, Mr. Snake, thanks for gracing me with your presence today!)
-Burning my trash. I'm sorry Mother Earth.
-Never quite having clean clothes because I'm not an expert hand washer
-Boiling water in order to drink it.
-"Hey gringa. Marry me. You are sexy. I love your body! Teach me English!" etc.
-Not being able to send an email when I want, especially if it's time sensitive.

I could contiune but I don't want to be too negative. Sorry Chris, this is Sesame Street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home