Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Thursday, May 25, 2006

pirish power

I'm in Teguc enjoying fancy pants coffee drinks, Subway, Quizno's, being anonymous, and speaking English (sort of). This is a warning to anyone who got that email from me saying that I've created a new webpage...don't open it up. It's a lie. I don't know how that message was sent to everyone but it was. So please DON'T open it up.

In other news, I met a PCV named Patrick whose father is Irish and mom is Filipina. No joke! He didn't have crazy, curly, kinky, frizzy hair like me though (disappointment). But it was still interesting. Who would have thought that I'd meet another Pirish person in peace corps Honduras of all places???? (But no, he doesn't get confused for being Mexican like me.)

4 Comments:

  • At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah someone claimed to be you sent an phony e-mail about a webpage. Yeah right, just like pork, bacon and ham comes from one magical animal!

    COMPULSIVE LIAR!!!!!

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ah, but which way did he vote on proposition 24?

     
  • At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You look like more of a mix between a Croatian, a Turk, and and Ivory Coast native, but that's just me. Hahaha. :P

    p.s. I recently found a photo of you when you were like 3 years old... You do not look Mexican in it -- you just look cute. :D

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Tony Akins said…

    You're more a combination of the exotic Western Pacific with Ghettolicious, then add a generous and provocative sprinkling of lapsed Catholic, then serve hot.
    (hilarious emoticon here)
    I went to see "The Putnam County 25th Annual Spelling Bee" yesterday; "Mexican" was the word given to the "white guy" in the play. He asked for the definition; "Any person or persons that an American thinks is from Mexico, Central America, South America or Spain."
    The show is very, VERY smart and funny. Had a blast.
    Go Pirish!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home