Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Monday, May 22, 2006

barco de sueños

Well part of one of the traveling experience is over and done. The last bus that left Teguc to Santa Rosa ended up leaving 2 hours before the scheduled time so I spent the night in San Pedro Sula and went to the lovely City Mall and imagined what my life was like when I had money. I did get to eat Quizno's for dinner that serves real chicken, not whatchamachicken like so many people had thought.
I got back home yesterday to find a couple of newts living in my kitchen but I chased them out with a broom. My plan was to wash my clothes, teach English today, head to Santa Rosa tomorrow and leave for Teguc early Wednesday morning. You would think that by now I would have learned that making plans is a foolish idea but no, I still do it. Of course, of course there are no classes today (why? I don't know...maybe to relax from the tough weekend), so I am in Santa Rosa today, I'll teach tomorrow, then go to Teguc on Wednesday which means I will be on a bus from 7 am until about 5 pm, which should be interesting to say the least.
The best part of Teguc? Going to the training center in Santa Lucia and seeing Carlos, my former Spanish teacher, my barco de sueños in his absolute dreaminess. It also marked the return of Sam...which was...well, Sam in true form but we got along just fine because it was only 2 1/2 days.
That's about it. I am on a search for the Shakira song "Hips Don't Lie", which is all over the radio here but not available for sale. That's the way it works.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hola me da mucho gusto que seas de Honduras tambien. Yo soy de san Pedro Sula.

    Buena vida para vos.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home