Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Sunday, April 30, 2006

scary stories

Thursday night I had dinner with my host family. It was nice and family like. After dinner some of the girls at the house wanted to put my hair in braids for fun, so as they did that I watched cartoons with my brothers and acted as an interpreter for Tom and Jerry. After the cartoons and a head full of tiny braids we all sat around and they asked me,"Have you heard about all the people who have been killed in San Ramón"?

It went downhill from there.

I listened to guys who were shot or killed by machete and how their spirts are still in San Ramón out for revenge. I was told a story about how the devil came walking through and his footprints are imprinted in the dirt here (not so sure about that one). Then Brayan busts out with, "Did you know that someone died in your house 10 years ago Cati?"

Why? Why do you tell me these things???

Apparently, a man was killed for having an affair with the patronato's (town representative) wife. It was a hit, or at least that's what could understand. The assasin just entered the house and shot him. That was it. Is it true? Who knows? One thing though is that is scared the hell out of me at 9 pm. I told my brothers that I was not walking home alone (even though it's only 3 "blocks" and safe). They walked me home and said, "We're too scared to go home now", pulled my guest bed into my room and slept at my house. As I was falling asleep, they kept making noises after a good amount of silence, which made me scream and had them laughing. They woke up the next morning at 515 am, normal for them and left to get ready for school at their own house.

I am such a fraidy cat.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a scaredy...cat

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Dirty Flamingo said…

    scary stories are always more scary the events being spoken about took place in your own home!

    creepy.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As scary as...oh my God, somebody help me?

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Dirty Flamingo said…

    Hey! I just got switched over to youth development from municipal development. I can now read your blog on a more regular basis to compare projects and lives :)

    cheers
    adrianna
    el salvador in just 30 days!

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Tony Akins said…

    Damnit! I left a really, REALLY witty and memorable comment the other day and now it's not here!?
    Well, "BOO!", anyway.
    Be nice to that ghost in your house.
    :~)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home