Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Saturday, November 12, 2005

a spoiled princess

If you had a visitor in your house, would you give them your best room? Your only indoor bathroom? Would you cook for them 3 times a day? Would you wash and iron their clothes? Or clean their room and bathroom for them? Even if they paid you to stay at your place?
I know I wouldn´t! But that is my life here in Siguat. I am getting fed (way too much) and having all my clothes washed and ironed. No pila for me! Hooray! My family gets paid about $110 for the whole month for hosting me. My sister has cut my hair, done my nails, and given me a massage just because she´s wonderful.

No wonder Honduras is called Peace Corps Lite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home