Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Saturday, October 29, 2005

ice, ice, baby

It is freakin´chilly in Santa Lucia! The weather right now is really fall like weather-which in any other circumstance I would love-but I left all my cute fall jackets in Chicago thinking (foolishly) that it would be steaming hot in Honduras. At night, I wear long socks, pj pants, 2 shirts and a fleece and sleep with 3 blankets. It´s not ice cold-it´s just that the cold air comes in through the doors and windows and it can hit you at 2 a.m.!
This week has been more intense than others. Like I mentioned, I had my Spanish interview, I had my tech interview with my project manager, I had to write a Halloween story for Spanish, and I had to give a 20 min. talk in Spanish for YD! We were also expected to dress up for Halloween, which isn´t even a Honduran custom!
Don´t get me wrong I´m as happy as a clam but it can get crazy with all the stuff that we have to do.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just pretend you're back at home in your bed. The temperature is just about the same....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home