Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Saturday, October 29, 2005

ready for the good times!

Well FBT is just about here (assuming we don´t get locked down by Hurricane Beta). I leave tomorrow morning for Siguat. My new family will be a mom and dad, 2 sisters, and 2 grandkids. I´m excited. Other news? I´ve advanced a level in Spanish! Hooray! I will spend this afternoon packing up my stuff and cleaning my room in Santa Lucia. I am sad to leave my family. But I´ll only be gone for 26 days, which isn´t much. In the 6 weeks that I´ve been here, I have learned a lot about my family and Honduras in general. That has been great.

For FBT, we´re (YD) going to give talks (from this point forward will be called charlas) in the biggest high school in Siguat for the first week, then for the next two weeks, we´ll break up into 3 teams of 5 and work in a small community planning activities for 2 weeks. It´s pretty intense and really scary too. Of course among all of that, I´ll still have 4-6 hours of Spanish Mon-Fri.

Can´t forget about that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home