Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Sunday, October 23, 2005

I´m not the AIDS educator, I just have the condoms

Last week we had a cross project feria which meant #1: we learned a lot about other projects like health, protected areas management, and municipal development. #2: it was a day of nothing-no Spanish class, no responsibility. For YD we did a bunch of icebreakers in between our lectures to help keep people interested-one of the icebreakers was playing "telephone"-where one person starts a message, then it is whispered along until the end to see if the message had changed. The starting message for my group was "I thought they´d teach AIDS education as a course" and ended up as the title of my blog. Crazy isn´t it how things can change. The rest of the day was filled with lectures on harassement and a lecture on Honduras politics from someone who is running for Congress in Francisco Morazan. Was it interesting? I don´t know-maybe if she didn´t promote her party the whole 2 hours, I could have learned something and paid more attention. It was a little frustrating.

To help me get through it, I just kept thinking, "I´m not the AIDS educator, I just have the condoms".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home