Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Sunday, October 23, 2005

pila love

Using a pila is one of the more interesting things in Honduras. One major difference between a pila and a washing machine (besides the hand washing, obviously) is that it is much faster for me. A load of laundry takes anywhere from 20-40 minutes in the US but a load of laundry here takes about 10 minutes. With that being said, let me list the downfalls:
-I need to wash my clothes 3-4 times a week so I don´t have a huge pile waiting for me come Saturday.
-If it´s rainy, it can take 3 days to dry, so I definitely have to make the decision of whether I should wash or not.
-It´s hard work! I give credit to those who do it all the time because in the end, this is only temporary for me.
-I have yet to master the art of creating good suds when washing my clothes which leads me to believe that some soap may never come out of my clothes.
-I love to wear jeans. I hate washing them. The process is pure evil.

However, washing clothes is super fast so it makes up for the disadvantages.

Well, except for the jeans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home