Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

dick cheney's america

I am in Washington! I have just finished my two-ish days of staging and will be leaving for Tegucigalpa at 4 am tomorrow! Staging was not bad. I got to meet a lot of new people, many of whom I will be working with in Honduras. We were also mixed with a group from El Salvador which made our group 65 people (a lot for one trainer).

Yesterday, feeling incredibly tired and sad about leaving everyone and everything, I began to feel extremely homesick but I know that this is all part of the experience. The highs will be very high, but the lows will be very low too. I know that once I am in country I will be more excited and energetic because I can meet my host family and I'll be there!

One side note, I wrote earlier that my training was going to be in Siguatepeque but that has changed. I will be training in Santa Lucia, a town 20 km from the capital. It's kind of weird. My schedule kind of is set up like so:

Training in Santa Lucia: 5 weeks
Field Based Training in Siguatepeque: 4 weeks
Training in Santa Lucia: 2 weeks

I'll let you know how things are once I get down there. Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home