Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Monday, September 12, 2005

time keeps on tickin', tickin', tickin'

One week left in Chicago. Nine days left in the U.S.
Obviously, with these fragmented sentences one can see that my mind is not focused!
How do I feel?
Well, I have about 25 topics constantly running through my head. (Where are my glasses? Are 9 pairs of pants way too many? Do I really need 5 different dictionaries? What else do I have to buy? Is my iPod jacked to the max?, etc.)

...and then there are the real things to be nervous about....
Will I have enough training? Can I really be a "youth developer"? How hard will it be to live without my friends? my family? How difficult will it be adjusting in my community? Will they see me as a "spoiled American"? Will I return hating modern civilization?

I know that these are just jitters but they still constantly run through my head.
But for now, I just want to thank everyone for being so supportive and positive about my up and coming job. Honestly, your support means more to me than you'll ever know.

Wish me luck during this crazy week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home