Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Saturday, February 03, 2007

hace dos años

Two years ago this journey began, more or less. I interviewed and was nominated for a position in non-Spanish speaking South America. This time two years ago, I was in Chicago, working at Starbucks, waiting to find out where I was going to be sent. Peace Corps at the time was only a figment of my imagination. Now I’m here in Honduras living a dream that I only pictured in my head. I still have a good 10 months of this journey but I do think that some things have changed from two years ago.

…two years ago, the Bears were eliminated by the Eagles even though they had home field advantage. And now they will be playing in the Super bowl tomorrow…how bittersweet is that?! I’m stoked that they’re in and sad that I’m 3000 miles away. Regardless, I will be cheering them on here as I watch them on ESPN in Spanish, texting friends (and my dad) constantly for their perspective/analysis and positive thoughts (I don’t even want to talk about the line!). I hope that they so I can celebrate like no other…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home