Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Saturday, June 17, 2006

sure hope my potatoes come to visit

papas vs. papás....that accent mark is the difference between my title and "sure hope my parents come to visit". My 6th graders laughed at me but I caught the mistake right away. Is that a sign of improvement or just another thing to add to my "Jackass actions in the Peace Corps" list?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I sure hope papá comes to visit" can turn into the following:

    - I sure hope papa comes to visit.
    - I sure hope (the) Papa comes to visit.
    - I sure hope (la) papa [colloquial Mexican way of referring to "dough" (as in money)] comes to visit.

    Loads of incorrect possibilities. Consuélate con saber que cometiste el error más pequeño, jeje. ;)

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger Tony Akins said…

    I want a complete list said actions on my desk in the morning...and pictures if you gots 'em.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home