Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Sunday, March 12, 2006

sweet dragon

It was a good night. There were about 30 volunteers present--representing from Hondu3 all the way to Hondu7--and a huge group of students from the University of Maine who were here doing an alternative spring break. We broke up into 3 groups and tried our best to hit all nine bars on the list, but because we started late, we couldn't get too far and stopped after the 6th.
Here's how scoring went down:
1 point for shots
2 points mixed drinks
3 points beer/wine
5 if you skip drinking the hole
(5 if you throw up)
The lower, the better.
As a tie breaker there were trivia questions but most people ended up tied anyway. My score was good because I ate 2 baleadas with just about everything, which also meant that I did not get sick or wake up with a hangover (thank goodness because I am going back to San Ramón today on a crazy bus).

Our 6th bar was a Mexican restaurant called Cuates that was nice enough to move tables out of the way so we could dance. They also stayed open extra late for us until we left. My friend Connie and I were talking to another gringo visiting here named Tim, which he said in Japanese meant sweet dragon...of course that meant that we called him sweet dragon the rest of the night. After we left, we went to a club, Luna Jaguar which wasn't all that and danced until 3am. It was one of those moments that I felt as though I was in the states again because I was out late (and past 8 pm is late for me now). We got back to the PC House and just chilled until everyone fell asleep...and the true miracle was that no one got sick.

So back to site today, back to work, back to my brothers, back to Spanish. It's not a bad thing though considering the pub crawl went really well and I am ready to go back to site so I can get some sleep!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger *** said…

    sorry we couldnt make it, we were busy making doughnuts for our baseball team, but we will be there in a couple weeks!

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Tony Akins said…

    So, tell me... When you drink below the equator, does it "spin" in the opposite direction going down? Wait, let me check my atlas...HA! Nevermind. You're still above the equator. But I wonder if the "spin" is less pronounced the closer you get to 0' latitude.
    I've added your blog to my blog's link template,K. So you'll have more nerds and geeks checking it out. Bet that makes you happy!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home