Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

juicy lucy

Internet has finally returned to San Ramón which means if you want to read about my crazy Superbowl weekend, you can click on Feb. 2006, then click on the story "the power of three".

Anyway, the dog sitting so far has been going very well. Lucy loves my back yard and really loves the kids. And the kids LOVE her. I took her to the soccer field yesterday and the kids played with her for a good 2 hours. She tired them out and they tired her out. Basically a win-win situation. I'm still not sure if I want a dog but I really do enjoy having her company in the house, as an added bonus, she loves to kill the beetles that enter my house (hope she doesn't get sick, Crystal and Simon). In addition, since Lucy understands English, the kids want to learn more English to speak to her (they were amazed that she understood the command "sit", since dogs here are not known for listening), however they have been yelling, "Shut up!" "Go to hell!" and "I love you!", which really doesn't mean much to Lucy.

In other news, the focus this week is on celebrating the anniversary of the colegio, which will end with a teacher vs. students soccer game and yours truly was suckered into playing for the teachers. Yesterday, I purchased a soccer ball to try and get some practice and was scooled by 9 year olds playing barefoot on a dirt field. Outlook not so good.

In the chisme (gossip) department, a woman came into the health center last week because she took half a pill that was meant for cows to increase their sex drive and get them to reproduce, and now we may have an Honduran edition of "Who´s the baby daddy?" Is it true? Who knows? But the whole town knows because I have heard the story several times, including my kid neighbors running over to the house to tell me.

Fun, fun, fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home