Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Saturday, November 19, 2005

pie, pie, pie, pie, whoo!

Pie (pee-yay) is the Spanish word for foot. On our final day of our crazy Aldea project, Crystal and Delfo worked on a project together with the 6 year olds and I worked with the 10-12 year olds. It was really good. I had the kids create a personal flag representing their values and goals. They were actually pretty into it because they were proud to present their stuff. I was really happy. When I finished, I met up wiht Crystal and Delfo and the screaming, energetic 6 year olds. It was raining outside (thanks a lot, Hurricane Gamma) so we couldn´t go out and play. Don´t get me wrong, they are absolutely adorable and sweet but all they want to do is scream and climb our arms and legs. The day before we learned this song about a dancing girl and how she uses different parts of her body to dance (shoulders, head, knees, etc.) which is fun to sing and educational for them. We stand in a circle and sing and point to the body part but for the foot, we move into the circle stomping our foot and get really close to each other. Everytime we did that, all the kids would crash into each other intentionally and start punching each other. It was chaos and hilarious at the same time. There´s this one kid who we refer to as the "Peace Corps child" because of his gorgeous blue eyes and light skin that would run into the circle and really start smacking kids around. It was funny to me, so funny in fact that I couldn´t stop laughing. When I told Crystal about it we were both laughing. She and I agreed that we have reached a point in training when things no longer make sense, most of us laugh at ridiculous things, and if people from the states listened to us, they´d think we were morons.

Is this what your tax dollars are paying for?

1 Comments:

  • At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is your man on the floor, if he aint, then let me know, then let me see if you can run it run it, yes indeed i can run it run it.

    Oh I think they like me oh I think they like me OH OH OH I think they like me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home