Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Saturday, October 08, 2005

unsolved mystery

Next weekend, I am going on a volunteer visit to San Lorenzo, Valle which is in the super south of Honduras. (and it is supposed to be HOT.) During this visit we get to see what a YD volunteer's life is like, what they do, how they live, etc. We were also highly suggested by our trainers to pick up a small gift as a token of thanks. In Teguc, I purchased a small jar of peanut butter (I also got a small bag of almond m-n-ms for myself), which totaled 65 lps., about 1 1/2 days of salary!

We trainees place our things in this hallway which is supposed to be "secure". When I went to pick up my things to go home my pb and m-n-ms were missing! I asked around but no one has seen them. I am making an announcement at our community meeting on Monday.

Really though, who takes a jar of peanut butter?
And I was really looking forward to those almond m-n-ms.
Dang!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw the guy who took it. He's eating it walking down on Lawrence.

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn, I thought I got away scott-free...

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wait, I thought I saw the guy get on a bike to help his friend carry a mattress...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home