Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Saturday, September 22, 2007

dia del maestro

I made sushi for the teachers. It was their first time trying it. I kept it simple, but I could tell that they didn't like it. It's cool. It took me awhile to like it too.
My darling 6th graders look so well behaved here. Too bad they can't always be this way!
The teachers are playing musical chairs. Why am I not there? My sorry self was knocked out right away. Pathetic.
The kids wanted to show off their punta moves to everyone. Then they wanted the gringita to show off her moves (not photographed!).
Monday the 17th was Teacher's Day but it was celebrated on the 18th at the grade school. The 6th graders and I planned a surprise party for the teachers after school. It was a good time. A little bitterswet because I knew that my time is coming to an end.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger C said…

    thats some good looking sushi! Who taught you how to make that? ;)

    love c

     

Post a Comment

<< Home