Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Monday, June 04, 2007

super rat

It seems as though my darling rat that came soaring out of the ceiling in March has made himself (or herself) a home. I can hear it running on my roof or squeaking late at night. I don’t know what scares me more: the squeaking at night or the fact that I’m getting used to it. I woke up one night to hear it squeaking and running around on the roof and went right back to bed. Luis came over to crawl in the space between my ceiling a roof (it’s a little hard to explain) and he came down the ladder and said, “Yeah. It’s a huge rat. I mean huge. I scared it out for the time being.” I ran out of my house to see if it was on my roof (my house is on a decline) and there it was…14 inches of pure nastiness (that’s with tail). This rat was freaking huge! Luis came out with me and began to throw rocks at it and it ran into my yard.

The next few nights were quiet. I thought that meant it had moved on, found a new person to bother, someone else’s pasta to eat. But then on Tuesday night, I heard the squeaking again. My friend brought me a bag of rat poison to put out for it. I put it on my kitchen floor, hoping that it would eat the poison, run out the back gate, and die in the yard, rather than in between my walls. I woke up Thursday morning to see that half the bag of poison had been eaten and fell asleep that night to the sound of it running along my ceiling. It is a super rat for sure. Now I just need to name it.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not sure about any name ideas, but if worse comes to worse you could always use it for milk (or would that be malk?).

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just delete that double post. I'm an idiot.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Target rats.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home