Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Thursday, April 05, 2007

fab night

After spending the day at Nicaragua's cleanest body of water (Laguna de Apoyo), we decided to go out and treat ourselves to a special dinner. We went to this spot called Jimmy's Three Fingers BBQ (the owner really does have three fingers in the 'shocker' way) and everything sounded appetizing. Rosemary Garlic Chicken, Pork Tenderloin, Baby Back Ribs....yum. I ordered a Grilled Red Snapper which came with a house salad, which by itself was spectacular (I do miss veggies). The fish filets were huge and delicious. It was pricy for a PCV but in the U.S., I would never pay $5.50 for the fab fish that I ate. After dinner, we went and had gelato and sat at the shore of Lake Nicaragua and just chilled. It was a cool night and fabulous outside. Sitting at the shore on the rocks made me think of home and how much I missed it, even though I didn't feel too homesick. It was a nice balance to a great night.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Shocker?? Priceless!

    Funny that you had the Red Snapper, if you have never heard Brian's Red Snapper story, I have to tell you, it explains him in a nutshell and is damn hilarious.

    Your posts just re-iterate the fact that you take more vacations than all my other friends combined (except Greg).

    Later,
    The Gout

     

Post a Comment

<< Home