Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Thursday, August 31, 2006

I've seen better days

Things have been kind of sucky since coming back to San Ramon. It's a combination of things rather than just one thing that is making me crazy.
1. Last night I took a shower in brownish water. It's the only thing coming out of my pipes. If I didn't play volleyball, I probably could have held off until the end of the week in Santa Rosa. Maybe.
2. The director of the colegio doesn't want any students checking out any books from the library. But there's no room for them to come in and do their research. And isn't that the point of a library, to take books home to read and return later? He also doesn't want anyone using the donated computers in the library. Look dude, they're from 1995, no minds will be warped or any hackers created. They don't even have Microsoft Word on them.
3. 13 days of almost pure English is bad luck. I'm having problems expressing myself in Spanish and not sounding like a moron. But that happens in English too.
4. I have become addicted to Grand Theft Auto Vice City all over again. Brayan and I are trying to beat this mission where we help the Cubans even the score in Little Haiti. 6 days on that dang mission and no success.
5. I've run out of Chocolate Avalance PayDay candy bars already.
6. I gave my neighbors some Sour Punch Candy Straws and now they want more. I don't have anymore. I gave them a pack each. They don't believe me. And yes, throwing rocks at my house will really make me want to give you more (if I had more).
7. I miss sandwiches.

But I put myself in this situation. I didn't have to go home but I did anyway. If I make it the 2 years, I'll let you know if it was worth it.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Emily B said…

    i (the one who et'd after 4 mos.) am trying to think of something inspiring to say to you. and so instead of that, which is giving me a headache, i just send you love and a huge hug. oh, and good vibes. love you!

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WTF???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home