Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Thursday, August 03, 2006

home

After an insane day of travel, I am in Chicago. I arrived this morning around 2 am. Waited in line at customs for another half hour, met my friend Michael at the gate, screamed for joy to be home.

Getting to my parents' house was so strange because I have been gone for awhile. Everything old was new again. I saw shirts in my closet that I had forgotten about, their dog looked different, my room felt different. It was almost like I wasn't living the experience but someone who looked like me. Doorknobs felt different, carpeting and wood flooring definitely felt different. My stuff was still my stuff but it didn't feel like mine anymore because I had been gone.

What have I enjoyed up to this point?

*Water straight from the tap
*Sam's Club
*Banana Beligum Waffle
*A hot shower with pressure
*Paved roads
*Cars
*Best Buy
*My bed
*Perfume

3 Comments:

  • At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    welcome back to the US!

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who's Michael? I know a mickeyelsalsero!

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So glad you arrived home safely! Enjoy your break!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home