Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Monday, June 26, 2006

again with the tarp!

I was on a jalon to Santa Rosa with the soccer team to watch them play. Due to lovely rainy season, it rains most of the time now and there was no exception for my travels on Saturday. To try and keep dry someone brought a tarp with them to cover the back of the pick up (a blue one at that), which was a good idea theoretically. (spelling?)

The problem was that there were 12 of us in the back, a bumpy, curvy road and a small tarp. Water was everywhere. I could barely keep my balance and it was hot under that tarp. Coming back was even worse, imagine those conditions and add 10 guys who have just finished playing soccer, it smelled like a gym locker and Fritos (but Fritos also smell like a gym locker).

San Ramon lost 8-4 and I learned a new idomatic phrase, "andar tatascanos", which basically means that they got drunk before the game on Tatascán, the drink choice of Honduran campesinos, and were playing drunk. I'm surprised they were able to score 4 goals. But my future husband didn't play either, so there's a reason...

2 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger *** said…

    well, you didn´t have to flip the blue tarp over at least...

    pies pies pies, wooo!

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Tony Akins said…

    "see you August??? "
    What,...you're on the PCV Work Release Program? Do you get to come home for a break? I guess it has been a year. The longest year of my life....
    I have this Carrot who would, when I was a toddler and she a teen, toment me endlessly. Then when she became a Potato I tormented her child. My generation of cousins...we're all strangely childless. Hmmm..
    August when? I may be abroad for book signings. I'm practically famous, you know :~)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home