Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Saturday, November 04, 2006

halloween

I’ve been my best to be a good girl and stay in San Ramon…but along came Halloween. Some of the volunteers in Copan Ruinas (about 3 hours by bus) organized a full weekend of fun for Halloween. The costume party was Saturday night and I have to say that I saw some really great costumes…considering we’re in Honduras, where the holiday is not celebrated (well, minus ex-pats and fresas) people really showed their creative streak.

Here is a short list of costumes:
-Britney Spears and Kevin Federline
-A bottle of Coca-Cola
-Steve Irwin, complete with stuffed crocodile
-J-Lo in the famous Versace dress
-A pila
-Campesina woman, smoking and breastfeeding child
-Napoleon Dynamite, complete with Vote for Pedro t-shirt
-Heidi from Tool Time, from Home Improvement
-Luke Skywalker
-Braveheart
-A guy wearing a helmet with tampons and pantyliners all over his shirt (menstrual cyclist)
-Flava Flav with clock around neck

I was unoriginal and was a cat…though later on in the evening I was telling people that I was Hobbes (thank you Crystal) or quoting “Wedding Crashers”, “call me kitty cat”. But I just rocked cat ears and my friend drew whiskers on my face. Lots of guys were rocking skirts at the party (so sexy!) and it was just a great time. We were out dancing most of the night (a live band played “Paseme la botella”, a song that I never could imagine live). It was nice to forget about the problems I have in San Ramon, talk to my friends, speak English, and just chill.

Such a great party…I’ll sum it up simply by quoting one of my favorite shows, Entourage, “Great night. Great fucking night.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home