Kathryn's Peace Corps Adventure

The opinions expressed and experiences described in this blog are mine personally. Any musings that you read here are not affiliated or endorsed by Peace Corps or U.S. government. Or Starbucks. And I'm not making any money from any of this, so don't send a lawsuit my way. Got it?

Saturday, February 04, 2006

a las Vegas

I took the bus from Tegucigalpa to San Pedro Sula at 2 pm and was supposed to get off at "La Guama" to catch another bus to get to Las Vegas. I ask the ticket taker to let me know when we reach La Guama because I had never been there before. He agrees but only lets me know that the bus had passed La Guama by the time I had asked him. I end up taking the bus all the way to San Pedro Sula and spend the night in a really gorgeous hotel, which was located a block away from the new mall, City Mall. Of course I had to go and it was excellent. Clean tiled floors, perfect window displays, no one bothering me, an awesome food court...it was a nice escape.

The next morning (after having a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast!), I get on the bus that is headed towards Las Vegas, meet Crystal, Simon, and Delfo in town. Crystal makes raspberry pancakes for us and then later in the afternoon they hold a baseball practice. I get to play Mark Prior again and pitch to some really good ball players. Some of them can really throw a ball...maybe I should meet my team to see if they are ready for the competition in a month. It was fun but it was HOT. I was sweating like crazy because my body just isn't used to that temperature any longer.

Today we had lunch at this place called "D&D Brewery"where the owner, who's from Oregon, makes all his own beers (Mango Ale, Apricot Ale) and sodas (blueberry, vanilla, and ROOTBEER!!!). I had a rootbeer and fresh fish and it was fabulous. The owner is a little crazy...crazier than me which means he's pretty nutty. He spent most of the time with us complaining about how Hondurans aren't educated, how they are unsanitary, etc. We caught a jalón back to Vegas and are planning to go to Santa Bárbara tomorrow to watch the Superbowl.

Sorry this isn't too funny but I'm kind of tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home